Commercial food photography shoot

Commercial food photo shoot through TAFE Queensland ~ Philli O Photography

  • Camera: iPhone 13 Pro
  • Aperture: f/1.5
  • Exposure: 1/121 second
  • Focal lens: 6 mm
  • ISO-40
Part of my Certificate III studies through TAFE Queensland involved setting up a commercial food photo shoot within the photography studios at the South Bank campus in Brisbane. Full use of lighting, diffusers and reflector screens were used to advantage, as the challenge was to shoot in difficult lighting conditions by a glass window. My prop selection was easy, as I sourced the coffee and food from Christina's Vibes Cafe, which had become my favourite coffee haunt adjoint the South Bank campus in Ernest Street.

Tempting goodies from Christina's It's a Vive Cafe, Ernest Street, South Bank ~ Philli O Photography

  • Camera: iPhone 13 Pro
  • Aperture: f/1.5
  • Exposure: 1/127 second
  • Focal lens: 6 mm
  • ISO-32
Props and scattered food ingredients were sourced by myself, and I utilised a photo mat to make the wholesomeness stand out against the concrete background. I experimented with both my Olympus camera and my Apple iPhone and found that the smaller focal lens on the iPhone worked better to my advantage in this situation. Lesson learned; never be afraid to switch between camera setups. You might be surprised at what works better in different scenarios.

It's safe to say that there was no environmental wastage from this photo exercise, as the vegan baked goods were enjoyed following the completion of the photo shoot, and the bright yellow refillable mug remains my favourite travel mug of choice to this day.

Philli O.

Comments

Popular Posts