Glasshouse Mountains photo shoot

Morning photo shoot at Maleny, Sunshine Coast, Australia ~ Philli O Photography


Back in April this year I had the opportunity to photograph the Glasshouse Mountains on Queensland's Sunshine Coast on a foggy autumn morning. With the overnight rain stopping just as we arrived at sunrise, the fog parted for me to be able to capture this stunning image of the cloud-filled valleys below from opposite the Mary Cairncross Park Visitor Centre at Maleny.


Glasshouse Mountains (photograph) ~ Philli Overton


  • Camera: Olympus E-M10MarkIV
  • Aperture: f/8
  • Exposure: 1/60 second
  • Focal lens: 53 mm
  • ISO-100

Glasshouse Mountains (print on timber) ~ Philli Overton


As part of my Visual Arts course with TAFE Queensland, the whole process had to be documented, with the concept sketched out prior to the shoot and all settings and Adobe Photoshop editing listed in step-by-step order for my final presentation.

The finished image above underwent extensive editing that I won't go into detail with here. However, I chose to present my final image printed onto wood, with the finely milled 5 mm crosscut Silver Quandong timber sourced locally from David Linton Wood Gallery in the main street of Maleny.

As you can see below, I then had some laser-cut vinyl lettering stuck onto the finished artwork before it was presented at the South Bank TAFE Mid-Year Exhibition night on Thursday 13th June, 2024.

Philli O.

Comments

Popular Posts